The Alumnae of Northwestern University, an all-volunteer women's organization, was founded in 1916. Our motto "Engaging Minds, Enriching Lives," is demonstrated by our outreach to the University, the public and the community, through our Continuing Education Program. Since 1968, outstanding faculty from across the University spectrum teach stimulating noncredit daytime courses to the public (more than 3,000 per year) in person and virtually at modest cost.
Since its inception, The Alumnae's has given more than $10 million to the University in the form of grants, scholarships, fellowships, an endowed professorship, and support for summer internships, as well as providing "brick and mortar" funds for campus buildings and renovations. Philanthropic activities support Northwestern's commitment to excellence in education and research by enhancing the academic resources and educational vitality of the University and broader community.
Click the following link to read The Alumnae's booklet "Celebrating Women's Service" to Northwestern University: 75th Anniversary Booklet